One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small phylum of marine invertebrates that comprises the acorn worms.
- ‘Metamorphosis in the acorn worms (Hemichordata, Enteropneusta) includes retention of the entire larval body, which sheds feeding and propulsory cilia and undergoes definitive shape changes.’
- ‘Another of Ax's hypotheses concerns the Hemichordata.’
- ‘Deuterostomia are a major group of metazoans composed of three phyla: Chordata, Hemichordata, and Echinodermata.’
- ‘The superphylum Deuterostomia contains the diverse phyla Chordata and Echinodermata and the minor phyla Hemichordata and Urochordata.’
- ‘The superphyla Deuterostomia (e.g., Chordata, Echinodermata, Hemichordata) and Protostomia each appear to have evolved from an ancestor with a coelomic body cavity.’
Modern Latin (see hemi-, Chordata).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.