Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small phylum of marine invertebrates that comprises the acorn worms.
- ‘The superphylum Deuterostomia contains the diverse phyla Chordata and Echinodermata and the minor phyla Hemichordata and Urochordata.’
- ‘The superphyla Deuterostomia (e.g., Chordata, Echinodermata, Hemichordata) and Protostomia each appear to have evolved from an ancestor with a coelomic body cavity.’
- ‘Metamorphosis in the acorn worms (Hemichordata, Enteropneusta) includes retention of the entire larval body, which sheds feeding and propulsory cilia and undergoes definitive shape changes.’
- ‘Deuterostomia are a major group of metazoans composed of three phyla: Chordata, Hemichordata, and Echinodermata.’
- ‘Another of Ax's hypotheses concerns the Hemichordata.’
Modern Latin (see hemi-, Chordata).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.