One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the Bronze Age cultures of mainland Greece (c.3000–1050 BC), of which the latest period is equivalent to the Mycenaean age.
- ‘The plan marks the possible connection between the two exposed portions of Middle Helladic wall.’
- ‘How do the comparisons within the study area enhance our understanding of an Early Helladic world-view?’
- ‘The fortifications of the citadel date to the Late Helladic period.’
- ‘It is here that the complex blending of Minoan and native Helladic artistic traditions can be clearly observed.’
- ‘This invasion formed the start for the middle Helladic period.’
Early 19th century: from Greek Helladikos, from Hellas, Hellad- ‘Greece’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.