One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An annual award given to the outstanding college football player in the US by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York City.
- ‘How is it possible that Brad Banks, a Heisman Trophy finalist, didn't get drafted, especially when there were so many teams in dire need of a quarterback?’
- ‘A year ago, Suggs was being touted as a Heisman Trophy contender and the man to make Virginia Tech forget about the early departure of Michael Vick.’
- ‘Texas quarterback Chris Simms has crept back into a Heisman Trophy race that is as wide open as any in recent memory.’
- ‘The only thing remaining in the Red River Rout was a Heisman Trophy moment for quarterback Vince Young.’
- ‘I'm a Heisman Trophy voter, which makes me guilty by association.’
- ‘Dad Archie officially has signed off on a Heisman Trophy campaign for this season.’
- ‘He was a Heisman Trophy winner who wore his hair in dreadlocks.’
- ‘As a pro, he has never displayed the light feet and explosive burst that he showed as a Heisman Trophy winner at Wisconsin, preferring to shuffle his feet and plow into the line more often than not.’
- ‘Either the people who voted for the Heisman Trophy don't know anything about football, or the sports information staff from Fresno State didn't do its job in promoting Carr as a Heisman Trophy candidate.’
- ‘He had something happen this year to his star receiver, who was a Heisman Trophy candidate, who I think would have probably won, and the young man came in and said, Coach Bowden, will they ever, ever forget this?’
- ‘Those championship hopes rest on the funky yet extremely productive throwing motion of Rivers, a Heisman Trophy candidate who will be working with his third offensive coordinator in four seasons.’
- ‘He wasn't a Heisman Trophy finalist for nothing - that field general they have is awesome.’
- ‘He might as well be replacing a Heisman Trophy winner - that's what it will feel like stepping in for David Carr.’
- ‘Young is a Heisman Trophy favorite, but he's not the best quarterback in his conference.’
- ‘It will be different next year when Anderson begins the season as a Heisman Trophy favorite.’
- ‘The tailback is a Heisman Trophy candidate who runs for big yards, scores touchdowns and gets publicity.’
- ‘That's why he avoids conversations about a Heisman Trophy race he has suddenly seized control of.’
- ‘But in no way could he have envisioned that the deal possibly would include a Heisman Trophy.’
- ‘As much as Texas coach Mack Brown says a Heisman Trophy can be won without 100-yard efforts every weekend - he points to Williams' 43 yards against Kansas State in 1998 as an example - he knows better.’
- ‘They lose a Heisman Trophy winner at quarterback and might lose as many as eight starters on defense.’
Named in honor of football pioneer John W. Heisman (1869–1936).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.