- another term for nene
- ‘Hawaiian geese have a black face and crown and cream-colored cheeks.’
- ‘When it was named the state bird in the late 1950s, the Hawaiian goose was on the verge of extinction.’
- ‘One of the first examples of successful reintroduction was the Nene or Hawaiian goose.’
- ‘The research team found that the nene and two extinct species of Hawaiian geese were all closely related to one other genetically.’
- ‘The researchers’ finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.