Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for nene
- ‘The researchers’ finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.’
- ‘One of the first examples of successful reintroduction was the Nene or Hawaiian goose.’
- ‘When it was named the state bird in the late 1950s, the Hawaiian goose was on the verge of extinction.’
- ‘Hawaiian geese have a black face and crown and cream-colored cheeks.’
- ‘The research team found that the nene and two extinct species of Hawaiian geese were all closely related to one other genetically.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.