Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small chili pepper that is the hottest variety available.Also called Scotch bonnet
- ‘The best surprise was finding some fresh Habanero peppers that would complement the wine perfectly as long as only a couple were used in the entire meal.’
- ‘The hottest varieties are the Mexican Habanero, Caribbean Early Scotch Bonnet, Thai Bird's Eye and Indonesian Lombok.’
- ‘I have three nice ones - Harissa, Habanero and Honey.’
- ‘Day 1 starts with Habanero pepper-infused vodka Martinis upon arrival.’
- ‘It has also grown Habanero peppers, which were sold in bulk to a regional hot-sauce company.’
Spanish, literally of Havana.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.