One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small chili pepper that is the hottest variety available.Also called Scotch bonnet
- ‘The hottest varieties are the Mexican Habanero, Caribbean Early Scotch Bonnet, Thai Bird's Eye and Indonesian Lombok.’
- ‘The best surprise was finding some fresh Habanero peppers that would complement the wine perfectly as long as only a couple were used in the entire meal.’
- ‘It has also grown Habanero peppers, which were sold in bulk to a regional hot-sauce company.’
- ‘I have three nice ones - Harissa, Habanero and Honey.’
- ‘Day 1 starts with Habanero pepper-infused vodka Martinis upon arrival.’
Spanish, literally ‘of Havana’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.