One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(in the Bible) an Israelite leader, described in Judges 6:11.
2A member of Gideons International.
- ‘He praises the Gideons, then advises: ‘They should leave not only Bibles, but other sacred writings as well.’’
- ‘Maybe Gary didn't mention this but we're the ones who have the development deal with the Gideons.’
- ‘The Gideons provide Bibles, in about 70 languages, for schools and hotels all over the world.’
- ‘In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Gideons or to a charity of one's choice.’
- ‘He is a member of the well-known Bible-distributing organization, the Gideons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.