One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for rubella
- ‘Occasional outbreaks of German measles, whooping cough, polio, and other contagious diseases prompt public health campaigns to immunize Amish children.’
- ‘A survey of immunity in Australian pre-school children has found higher than expected levels of antibodies to measles and German measles (rubella).’
- ‘She may need to be vaccinated against the German measles.’
- ‘By eleven, he had developed asthma, contracted German measles, suffered from bronchitis, and had his appendix removed.’
- ‘We have a tradition of associating diseases (often wrongly) with foreign parts - Dutch elm disease, German measles, Spanish flu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.