One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, brown, common indoor cockroach found worldwide.
Blatella germanica, order Dictyoptera
- ‘Researchers earlier identified the courtship chemicals used by other cockroach species, but the romance scent of the German cockroach remained elusive.’
- ‘They isolated a pheromone that female German cockroaches use to attract males.’
- ‘The German cockroach - Blattella germanica - one of the world's most intrusive species, likes to live indoors with us.’
- ‘The two smaller cockroaches ranging in size from ½ to 5/8 inch are the German cockroach and the brownbanded cockroach.’
- ‘A type of small cockroach named the German cockroach didn't exist in Shanghai until the 1980s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.