One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit-flavored drink especially for athletes, designed to supply the body with carbohydrates and to replace fluids and sodium lost during exercise.
- ‘He should have grabbed a Gatorade at the cafeteria.’
- ‘Ideas come to him while he's studying tape, driving to work, eating dinner or watching a player drink from a Gatorade bucket after practice.’
- ‘After a few moments chilling in the sun, however, I recovered and promptly went to buy a Gatorade.’
- ‘They gave me some Gatorade and told me to keep liquids in my body at all times.’
- ‘On my way to the lunch tables I pulled a dollar out of my pocket and bought a Gatorade from one of the vending machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.