One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shirt cuff that is folded back before fastening, creating a double-layered cuff.
- ‘At Landsend.com, you can quickly custom-design a china-blue dress shirt with French cuffs and then see it on a computer model with your body shape and hair color.’
- ‘When you slip into a shirt with French cuffs the first thing you will notice is an extra flap of material, at the end of the sleeves.’
- ‘When choosing your tuxedo shirt, try to select one with French cuffs, which fold up and are fastened with cufflinks.’
- ‘I don't know if any of you out there have noticed, but he has been wearing French cuffs with gold cufflinks lately.’
- ‘If you choose a shirt with French cuffs, be sure to check out our cufflinks section with gold, silver and engraved styles.’
- ‘This placement holds the French cuffs in place in much the same way as an ordinary cuff link.’
- ‘Finally, French cuffs are always an elegant and refined touch.’
- ‘A tempting choice is on offer with a range of cutaway collars, wing collars and French cuffs.’
- ‘Avoid long-sleeved shirts with full cut arms and French cuffs.’
- ‘Finally, with suit in hand, we found a dapper shirt with French cuffs and a sharp-looking tie and went home for a fashion show.’
- ‘A friend gave me a light-blue striped shirt with French cuffs for Christmas, and I've worn it with a black suit and with blue jeans and a navy pinstripe velvet blazer.’
- ‘He says casual days in Austin might be slowing as more men want to return to French cuffs and cuff links.’
- ‘The only development of note was that French cuffs have virtually disappeared for boys’ wear.’
- ‘I have paired them with a long black skirt, my pink shirt with French cuffs, a dark pink suede jacket and the requisite pearls.’
- ‘This tuxedo shirt features French cuffs perfect for your heirloom cufflinks.’
- ‘In hip-hop fashion speak, that means guys aren't shopping at Torre for just sweats and jeans, but for two-piece linens, French cuff dress shirts, tailored suits and ties.’
- ‘Ackourey recommends the timeless navy striped suit with white shirt, French cuffs and a burgundy tie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.