A function derived from a given function and representing it by a series of sinusoidal functions.
- ‘In this case, we grab 1,024 samples at a time and compute the discrete Fourier transform using the fast Fourier transform algorithm.’
- ‘The numerical computation of the Fourier transform was done with the well-established two-dimensional Fast Fourier Transform algorithm.’
- ‘The amplitudes of each of the component sine waves in the Fourier transform expresses the relative contributions of each frequency of variation to the periodicity of the original data.’
- ‘These correlation functions and their Fourier transforms, the spectral densities, can be obtained directly from MD trajectories.’
- ‘First, we developed a smoothed series based on an inverse Fourier transform of the reference series.’