Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The analysis of a complex waveform expressed as a series of sinusoidal functions, the frequencies of which form a harmonic series.
- ‘He did considerable work developing new mathematical tools particularly in the area of Fourier analysis and generalised functions.’
- ‘Their work uses three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions.’
- ‘The nonclassified areas of focus were pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, logistics, applied areas of analysis such as Fourier analysis, and computation.’
- ‘His theorem, now called the Riesz - Fischer theorem, which he proved in 1907, is fundamental in the Fourier analysis of Hilbert space.’
- ‘They used three dimensional Fourier analysis and periodic boundary conditions in this important study.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.