One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technology that allows high-speed communication and data exchange between a computer and a peripheral or between two computers.
- ‘At the bottom of the case are the two USB ports, a FireWire connection and a mic and headphone jack.’
- ‘Given that it features video editing capabilities, I would have like to have seen a FireWire connection included.’
- ‘Modem and networking are included, as is a FireWire port for cameras, disks and other devices.’
- ‘The image is captured, digitized, and transferred to a PC over a FireWire interface.’
- ‘When we plug in a FireWire drive or a USB storage device (such as a camcorder, an MP3 player or a digital camera), the device shows up on the desktop, in the appropriate applications and in the directory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.