Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A federal agency, established in 1914, that administers antitrust and consumer protection legislation in pursuit of free and fair competition in the marketplace.
- ‘Identity theft is the fastest-growing consumer fraud in the world, affecting 19 people every minute, according to the Federal Trade Commission.’
- ‘Now attention turned across the pond to the United States, where the Federal Trade Commission would review both bids.’
- ‘Rambus has won its appeal against an anti-trust ruling by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).’
- ‘Approval was yet to come from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.’
- ‘Ten million people a year are victims of some form of identity theft according to the Federal Trade Commission.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.