One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's credit score calculated with software from Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO).
The FICO score is a number between 300 and 850, which indicates a person's capacity to repay a loan. The higher the number, the lower the risk that the borrower will default
- ‘I know how important credit is, particularly the FICO score, so I'm afraid to make such a large purchase.’
- ‘My FICO score is only 590, and my wife doesn't have much credit, but we are now current on all our bills.’
- ‘But starting in 2001, Fair Isaac, the research firm that owns the mathematical model used to calculate what's known as a FICO score, began allowing consumers to peek behind the curtain.’
- ‘Burrows' FICO score will also affect whether she qualifies for a conventional mortgage, subprime loan, or FHA government loan.’
- ‘Check with your financial planner for assistance in this area - he or she can also help you ensure that your FICO score is not adversely affected.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.