Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person's credit score calculated with software from Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO)
- ‘Burrows' FICO score will also affect whether she qualifies for a conventional mortgage, subprime loan, or FHA government loan.’
- ‘But starting in 2001, Fair Isaac, the research firm that owns the mathematical model used to calculate what's known as a FICO score, began allowing consumers to peek behind the curtain.’
- ‘My FICO score is only 590, and my wife doesn't have much credit, but we are now current on all our bills.’
- ‘Check with your financial planner for assistance in this area - he or she can also help you ensure that your FICO score is not adversely affected.’
- ‘I know how important credit is, particularly the FICO score, so I'm afraid to make such a large purchase.’
FICO score/ˈfīkō ˌskôr/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.