One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who strongly dislikes Europe or opposes participation in the European Union.
- ‘What ever position you come from, Europhile or Europhobe, the reality remains the same.’
- ‘He was never able to operate freely because Europhobe backbenchers held the balance of power in parliament.’
- ‘The Europhile and Europhobe press in Britain are both commending him.’
- ‘Interested UK punters are advised, generally, to use a filter to take out Europhobe - and for that matter Europhile - bias.’
- ‘Goaded almost beyond reason by his Europhobe critics, he actually resigned the party leadership in May 1995.’
- ‘The standard of information in the right-wing Europhobe press especially is getting beyond a joke.’
- ‘But given that it was written by a rabid Europhobe, all this really needed was a touch of cosmetic surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.