1A system for connecting a number of computer systems to form a local area network, with protocols to control the passing of information and to avoid simultaneous transmission by two or more systems.
- ‘In a nutshell, if you need to run a home network, Ethernet is significantly faster than wireless.’
- ‘In the end game standard-based technology using Ethernet will win out.’
- ‘First, Ethernet has a very large advantage by being a thoroughly entrenched networking technology.’
- ‘Another distinct advantage of Ethernet is its native scalability.’
- ‘The overriding reason for the success of Ethernet in the enterprise network has been cost-effectiveness.’
- 1.1A network using this.
- ‘Data sent over the Ethernet is automatically broadcast to all devices on the network.’
- ‘Thesse can now be remotely controlled and monitored via the Ethernet.’
1970s: blend of ether and network.