One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A setter of a breed of dog with a long white or partly white coat.
- ‘The English setter definitely has earned and deserves the status of favorite grouse and woodcock dog breed.’
- ‘Professional dog trainers set up kennels in Union Springs that cared for purebred English setters and pointers valued at hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars.’
- ‘I remember being startled that there were so many English setters in Norway; it's not a dog you'd see very often elsewhere.’
- ‘According to the report, the top 10 British dogs starts off with the English setter, described as placid, friendly and careful.’
- ‘I knew of a dog-rescue group in our town that rescues English setters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.