One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
- another term for phenytoin
- ‘The ER doctor told me that he did not think my mom had even had her Dilantin the past few days because her level was so low.’
- ‘She's now taking more Dilantin, a medication to control seizures.’
- ‘She prescribed Dilantin as an anticonvulsive, 100 mg.’
- ‘Phenobarbital, Dilantin, Tegretol and Lamictal can decrease the Depakene blood level.’
- ‘Another reader found that a generic substitute did not work as well as her brand-name anticonvulsant: ‘I have been on Dilantin for 50 years.’’
1930s: from di- ‘two’ + -l- + (hyd)ant(o)in.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.