One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The alphabet used for Sanskrit, Hindi, and other Indian languages.
- ‘It was first published in Devanagari, and later the government had it printed in the Persio-Arabic script.’
- ‘Newari, a Tibeto-Burman language written in the Devanagari script, is spoken in the Kathmandu Valley.’
- ‘Marathi is written in a type of script known as Devanagari, or a cursive form of Devanagari called Modi.’
- ‘Local variations to the Brahmi script led to the practice of joining of letters and words together with a line on the top of the letters, like that of today's Hindi script, and came to be known as Devanagari script (script of the City of Gods).’
- ‘Richard Ishida provides an excellent introduction to Indic scripts, specifically Bengali, Devanagari, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil, and Telugu.’
- ‘It is written in a modified form of the Devanagari script, and its literary tradition dates from medieval times.’
- ‘Mandrake Linux includes Bengali, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Hindi Devanagari and Tamil out of the box.’
- ‘It conforms to a modified version of the Persian script and is therefore written from right to left, whereas Hindi, which utilizes Devanagari script, is written from left to right.’
- ‘We know that they were acquainted with alphabetic writing in the form of the Devanagari alphabet in which the Sanskrit of the Buddhist scriptures was written and in the form of the Phags-Pa alphabet.’
- ‘Tandon was Vice-President of the All India Hindi Literature Conference, which held that Hindi with the Devanagari script alone should be the national language.’
- ‘Instead, Pali has relied heavily on oral transmission and has traditionally been transcribed in Devanagari, Singhalese, Thai, and Roman scripts (Pali Text Society).’
- ‘The Urdu community always comes under strong pressure to change its script and to begin writing its language in the Devanagari script.’
- ‘I have nurtured my life's long devotion to Buddhism by learning Sanskrit, not at a University but instead by studying the holy texts of Hinduism and Advaita Vedanta in the original Devanagari script.’
- ‘Raju says his work consumes considerable time as each one of them is done with strokes of Devanagari script.’
- ‘The inscription in Devanagari reads: ‘On December the 13 th, 1947, here was cremated the body of Maharishi Roerich’.’
- ‘As mentioned earlier, from Hindustani have emerged two literary languages, Hindi in Devanagari script with literary and vocabulary borrowings from Sanskrit and Urdu in modified Arabic script with borrowings from Persian.’
- ‘The Gupta numerals evolved into the Nagari numerals, sometimes called the Devanagari numerals.’
From Sanskrit, literally ‘divine town script’, from deva ‘god’ + nāgarī (from nagara ‘town’), an earlier name of the script.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.