Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The department of the US government that administers federal programs related to food production and rural life. The department's principal duty is to aid farmers, but it also serves consumers through its food-assistance and food-inspection programs.
- ‘Morris is a former director of food safety efforts at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Find useful horticultural information at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Several months later, the fishing licenses of those responsible were revoked by the Department of Agriculture.’
- ‘Peter Davis is the senior entomologist at the Department of Agriculture, in charge of the eradication campaign.’
- ‘Two new tools for improved soil management have been developed by the Department of Agriculture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.