Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method of group decision-making and forecasting that involves successively collating the judgments of experts.
- ‘A conventional Delphi technique using three rounds was the procedure chosen for data collection and analysis.’
- ‘Researchers used a modified Delphi technique to ascertain: 1) importance and priority; 2) proficiency level; and 3) agreement of respondents with the proficiency level.’
- ‘The method of research chosen for this study was the Delphi technique.’
- ‘An example of qualitative information risk analysis is the Delphi technique.’
- ‘The authors suggest ways to use the Delphi technique to define outcomes for assessing institutional effectiveness.’
In allusion to the ancient Greek oracle at Delphi.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.