Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small steak cut from the front section of the short loin of beef.Also called club steak
- ‘Know what you want when you buy a Delmonico steak.’
- ‘The meaning of a Delmonico steak has changed over the years and from place to place.’
- ‘Rub Delmonico steaks with marinade, and then refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.’
- ‘Succulent and well-marbled with fat, the rib-eye is also known as the Delmonico steak.’
- ‘Luckily, much care has been taken with Delmonico steak, its beefy flavor enhanced by an understated demi glace.’
Named for Lorenzo Delmonico (1813–81), Swiss-born US restaurateur.
Delmonico steak/delˈmäniˌkō ˌstāk/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.