One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism and, until the establishment of Chinese communist rule, the spiritual and temporal ruler of Tibet.
- ‘During his visit to the U.S., the Dalai Lama met with the President.’
- ‘On its part, the western world was in so deep a spiritual quagmire that only a Dalai Lama could help it.’
- ‘The Dalai Lama and a group of scientists set out to debate and answer this issue some time back.’
- ‘Twenty years ago the Dalai Lama designated land here for the education of local children.’
- ‘The event, which will honour the Dalai Lama, Shirin Ebadi, Vaclav Havel, and Desmond Tutu, will take place at Vancouver's Christ Church Cathedral on April 20.’
From Tibetan, literally ‘ocean monk’, so named because he is regarded as ‘the ocean of compassion’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.