Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for digital video recorder
- ‘Do you still watch live TV, or do you store up all your favorite shows on a DVR and catch up with video on demand?’
- ‘The DVR will store that content for up to eight days after the shows have aired.’
- ‘The DVR is compatible with both Mac and PC platforms as well as Android and iOS tablets and portable devices.’
- ‘As of this month, 45% of homes have DVRs, up from about 43% a year ago.’
- ‘It streams the shows recorded on my DVR, as well as On Demand movies right to my tablet.’
- ‘New Nielsen data shows bigger jumps than ever for many sitcoms and dramas when delayed viewing on DVRs is factored in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.