One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arrangement of switches in a dual in-line package used to select the operating mode of a device such as a printer.
- ‘All is not lost though, because there are some DIP switches on the motherboard that allow a few more FSB speeds to be used.’
- ‘The last DIP switch, SW6, controls whether the keyboard goes to sleep when the computer does.’
- ‘The DAT drive was configured for active termination via the appropriate DIP switch.’
- ‘It is possible that your main board uses a jumper or DIP switch to disable the on-board sound, but this is very unlikely.’
- ‘The DIP switches make it easy to fix the DHCP if you accidentally disable it’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.