One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arrangement of switches in a dual in-line package used to select the operating mode of a device such as a printer.
- ‘It is possible that your main board uses a jumper or DIP switch to disable the on-board sound, but this is very unlikely.’
- ‘All is not lost though, because there are some DIP switches on the motherboard that allow a few more FSB speeds to be used.’
- ‘The DIP switches make it easy to fix the DHCP if you accidentally disable it’
- ‘The last DIP switch, SW6, controls whether the keyboard goes to sleep when the computer does.’
- ‘The DAT drive was configured for active termination via the appropriate DIP switch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.