One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dinosaur.as modifier ‘the palaeontologist hopes future digs will uncover new dino species previously unknown to science’
- ‘It was pretty cool but what scared me far more than the dino's big teeth were the other visitors to the museum.’
- ‘The dino range has expanded beyond noisy and noisome T Rex and those kangaroo-bouncy raptors to include the mean-clawed, fast-flying pteronadon and big, big spinosaurus.’
- ‘Fossils of the four-winged dino were first found in China in January 2003.’
- ‘Everything from the smallest dino to the biggest predator seems to become an appetizer for some other species of dinosaur during the movie.’
- ‘So it is simply wrong to say that the feathers are just imprints added to a dino skeleton.’
- ‘The show will also trace the history of the dino's development through interactive games.’
- ‘Then I attended a dino symposium and was nailed by the passion and intensity that paleontologists brought to their science.’
- ‘Labourers can earn up to $5 a day digging up and selling fossils, and this has created a massive supply of black-market dino relics.’
- ‘They also indicate that the dino could not have splayed its legs far enough to use its four wings in tandem, like a dragonfly.’
- ‘We're going to talk with one of the paleontologists behind the dino autopsy right as soon as we come back.’
- ‘Being Norway's sole dino researcher, he appropriately played a hand in uncovering the nation's only known dinosaur.’
- ‘There are two tales here: the story, and how the story will be played in the dino media.’
- ‘The crew at Dinosaur Cove expected to find dino fossils, but the crown jewel would be a mammal bone - evidence of mammals living among dinosaurs in Australia is fairly rare.’
- ‘The dino species also has two neat rows of seven holes along its snout.’
Democrat in name only, referring to a member of the Democratic Party considered too conservative by more liberal members.
- ‘Indeed, he would have survived if he had not been such a tool of the DINO wing of the Democratic Party.’
- ‘Forget the DLC, "unified" messages (often little more the DINO versions of Republican discourse) and talk to people about those things that truly matter to them.’
- ‘A DINO senator and two bloggers have endorsed Bush.’
- ‘But some things never change, and here was the biggest DINO (Democrat in name only) in the Senate crowing about what a wonderful vote he cast.’
- ‘The center is trying to be drummed out in some cases, RINO hunting and DINO hunting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.