Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cultivated variety of fox grape, used to make wine, juice, and jellies.
- ‘A special niche in New York is the production of sweet kosher wine from the Concord grape, as well as dry kosher table wines from other grape varieties.’
- ‘It had the roundness of a Concord grape Grandpa took off his vine and gave me to suck out of its skin and swallow whole, in Ohio.’
- ‘You'll get a glassful of heart and brain benefits from either French red wine or American Concord grape juice.’
- ‘For instance, we know that cranberries were most likely served at the first Thanksgiving, and that, along with the blueberry and the Concord grape, cranberries are a native North American crop.’
- ‘Unlike citrus, Concord grape was expected to be less tolerant of soil moisture and high temperatures but more tolerant of lower temperatures.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.