One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colorless orange-flavored liqueur.
- ‘The Sidecar is classically made with Cognac, Cointreau, and lemon juice.’
- ‘The town - home of the orange liqueur Cointreau - has been twinned with Wigan for 15 years.’
- ‘Combine the orange juice, orange flower water, Cointreau, honey, sultanas and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to melt the honey.’
- ‘A special thank you goes to Ambrose Wines who not only sponsored wines at cost but also Cointreau, Vodka and Scotch whisky, which were served as after dinner drinks.’
- ‘The bartender who came from Park 97 created the sweet and sour drink using Blue Curacao, Cointreau, Gin, guava and lemon juice.’
Named after the Cointreau family, liqueur producers based in Angers, France.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.