One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chevrolet car.
- ‘Spoilers are excellent accessories that can also bring new life into your Chevy.’
- ‘You can't ask how people categorize Chevys and Fords in rural Guatemala because they don't have Chevys and Fords.’
- ‘Take the bucket seat out of your old Chevy, put it on a wood frame in the middle of a field and sit in it.’
- ‘He'd spent the entire day thinking that he was driving the Chevy he owned when his sons were in high school.’
- ‘Five of us are piled into two vans, a Chevvy and a big Oldsmobile.’
- ‘She asks Willy if the Chevy drives well and he claims it is the greatest car ever built.’
- ‘I feel like a '57 Chevy at the mercy of some greasy auto mechanic who needs some extra cash.’
- ‘That's when he noticed that the keys to the Chevy were actually in the ignition.’
- ‘Sharon pulled her gray wool coat tighter and walked across the gravel parking lot to her rusting Chevy.’
- ‘‘I was a Ford fan back then, and I hated Chevys,’ he recalled.’
- ‘It's a quiet town where dogs sleep in the shade and kids cruise the cobblestone streets in low-slung Chevys.’
- ‘As a result, the Chevys had less grip on the track and therefore didn't handle as well.’
- ‘Leave a CD on the black dashboard of your parked Chevy in the summertime, and you'll know what I mean.’
- ‘People getting out of limos are forced to mingle with the guys driving Chevys.’
- ‘Everyone remembers vintage Chevys that people still look at and say, ‘wow!’’
- ‘We were both quiet as I drove him to his beat-up Chevy parked by the stables.’
- ‘You won't be seeing anything but Chevys in my driveway, thank you.’
- ‘Last season at Vegas, two Chevys finished in the top 15.’
- ‘We were looking at trucks that looked very much like Chevys and Fords at the time.’
- ‘At the time of the band's first concert, they got into a Chevy to drive to the venue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.