One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Protection from creditors given to a company in financial difficulties for a limited period to allow it to reorganize.
- ‘Often companies wait too long to file for Chapter 11, because most managers see it as a failure.’
- ‘But worries about the high cost of bankruptcy have kept some companies out of Chapter 11.’
- ‘Chapter 11 is solely evidence that management made wrong investment decisions.’
- ‘A few months later, it filed for Chapter 11 and moved its base of operations to Colorado.’
- ‘I suddenly realized I was about to make the same mistake that had led me into Chapter 11.’
With allusion to chapter 11 of the US bankruptcy code.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.