One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A North American variety of grape.
- ‘A pink grape used in the production of a blush and rosé wines, Catawaba produces a medium-bodied sweet, fragrant, strawberry-like wine.’
- ‘Catawba, a centuries old grape variety, bursts with a bold grape taste and pink color making it an award winning grape.’
- ‘It has higher sugars and lower acids than Catawba.’
- ‘The Catawba is widely grown and made into wine down in New York State.’
- ‘He planted a small vineyard of the Catawba's and began producing fresh grape juice.’
- 1.1 A white wine made from the Catawba grape.
- ‘About Catawba wine, my advice is to pass.’
- ‘I was sipping a local Catawba wine the other day.’
Named after the River Catawba in North and South Carolina.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.