Commander in Chief.
leader, head, headman, boss, chief, director, manager, overseer, controller, masterView synonyms
- ‘Not long after he became CINC, he proposed a six-point strategic program to the President's Secretary of Defense.’
- ‘On 12 December 1944 he became allied C.-in-C..’
- ‘Stalin named himself Supreme C-in-C’
- ‘He was then appointed C-in-C Fifteenth Army Group, which launched the Sicilian campaign in July 1943’
- ‘I'm sure you realize that being CinC. places tremendous demands on anyone holding that position.’