Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A server directory where CGI programs are stored.
- ‘Remember that cgi scripts are normally executed from cgi-bin rather than html or htdocs.’
- ‘In one place it tells you that cgi files can go in any folder that suits; in another, less obvious place, it tells you they may only be placed in cgi-bin.’
- ‘To set up your cgi-bin folder, click on ‘CGI Programs’ in the ‘CGI directory aliases’ row.’
- ‘It greatly reduces the complexity of using cgi-bin variables and connecting to databases, and allows programming in an easy-to-learn language within web pages.’
- ‘For those of you who know something about programming languages, Twiki is an open-source, cgi-bin script written in Perl.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.