One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘triggering the CDS might even help Europe reduce the risk of contagion in the months ahead’short for credit default swap
- ‘My impression is that most CDS agreements run three to five years.’
- ‘Everything became a "crowded trade" - from equities, to junk, to converts, to CDS, to MBS, to manic homebuying.’
- ‘Corporate bond spreads generally widened slightly, with auto bond and CDS spreads moderately wider this week.’
- ‘Recently, it was reported that banks have started tying commercial loan interest rates to the price of a borrower's CDS.’
- ‘In a disturbing new trend, international banks are creating syndicated credit facilities that "weaponise" credit default swaps (CDS) by using the trading price of a borrower's CDS to set the interest rate paid by the borrower.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.