One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An X-ray image made using computerized axial tomography.
- ‘I was strapped to a gurney by the paramedics and rushed to emergency for x-rays and a CAT scan.’
- ‘Specialized X-rays called CAT scans of the top of a fossil thigh bone show clear evidence that the creature walked upright, like pre-humans, and not like apes, the researchers said.’
- ‘A recent CAT scan demonstrated that Dice's surgically repaired left knee is 90 percent healed.’
- ‘There have been significant new diagnostic tools, such as X-ray imagery, CAT scans, mammography, and sonograms, to mention only a few.’
- ‘We'll need to run a CAT scan to see exactly what is on your brain, and also some other quick painless tests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.