One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of controlled breathing that is claimed to alleviate asthma.
- ‘Called the Buteyko technique it has totally changed Murphy's life.’
- ‘The Buteyko technique seeks to correct your routine breathing so you retain more CO2 with each breath.’
- ‘After being treated by the Buteyko method thousands of people have recovered from asthma, hypertension, panic attacks and many other conditions.’
- ‘Campbell had taken a Buteyko course which promptly alleviated her chronic asthma.’
- ‘Kelly wanted to learn the Buteyko breathing techniques as she had heard they could help to control asthma symptoms.’
1990s: named after the Russian physiologist Konstantin Buteyko (born 1923), who devised the technique.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.