Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique of controlled breathing that is claimed to alleviate asthma.
- ‘Called the Buteyko technique it has totally changed Murphy's life.’
- ‘Campbell had taken a Buteyko course which promptly alleviated her chronic asthma.’
- ‘After being treated by the Buteyko method thousands of people have recovered from asthma, hypertension, panic attacks and many other conditions.’
- ‘Kelly wanted to learn the Buteyko breathing techniques as she had heard they could help to control asthma symptoms.’
- ‘The Buteyko technique seeks to correct your routine breathing so you retain more CO2 with each breath.’
1990s: named after Ukrainian physiologist Konstantin Buteyko (1923–2003), who devised the technique.
Buteyko method/bo͞oˈtākō ˌmeTHəd/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.