A kind of lightweight belted raincoat, typically beige in color, with a distinctive tartan lining.
- ‘Oh yes, perhaps also a Burberry so as not to overly arouse the attention of local prudes and the police!’
- ‘This is bohemian chic, my friend, you can keep your filthy Burberry.’
- ‘I don't reckon that the Burberry clad renta-toff crowd in Parliament Square yesterday were posh bods at all.’
- ‘And well, Burberries are always a favourite among students.’
- ‘Actually it's the fake Burberry that gets to me the most.’
Early 20th century: from Burberrys, the name of the manufacturer.