One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium-sized tank equipped for use in combat.
- ‘Today, it is typing and transmitting from the turret of a Bradley, my head next to the breech of the 25 mm cannon.’
- ‘It's a combat multiplier but it's not like a Bradley fighting vehicle.’
- ‘On Thursday, a roadside bomb in northern Baghdad killed seven soldiers riding in a Bradley fighting vehicle, one of the most heavily armored in the U.S. military.’
- ‘An Army MEDEVAC helicopter was damaged during the fight when a Bradley collided with it.’
- ‘I heard an American soldier, a Bradley gunner, say: ‘I was basically looking for any clean walls, you know, without any holes in them.’
- ‘These highly mobile and quick vehicles can get to places a Bradley cannot.’
- ‘They can do it through either sheer mass, the bomb is so big it can roll a tank, it can roll a Bradley fighting vehicle.’
- ‘And with the trend toward ever-larger sport-utility vehicles, I recommend that you forget the Humvee and go for a Bradley Fighting Vehicle instead.’
- ‘We were able to pick up a Bradley fighting vehicle platoon to provide security, and the 87th CSB-led convoy of over 500 wheeled vehicles moved to the new site later that evening.’
- ‘We've taken a mech heavy battalion, a mechanized battalion, a Bradley battalion, and we've taken a light infantry battalion; we've reorganized them.’
- ‘In the past, the toughest job in the Army was a Bradley Fighting Vehicle-equipped infantry platoon leader.’
- ‘As a result, I fell back on my ‘old school’ battle-command techniques of juggling maps in the turret of a Bradley.’
- ‘The basic concept was to modify a Bradley fighting vehicle and to build around the idea of bringing the division's information systems into the vehicle itself.’
- ‘More military activity, there's been some Bradleys or Humvees moving around in this area.’
- ‘Every crew member of a Bradley should be prepared to use the 25 mm gun as a sniping weapon or to give it to a sniper who will.’
- ‘Then on Haifa Street, guerrillas took out a Bradley fighting vehicle with a car bomb, then sprayed it with machine gun fire and tossed grenades at it.’
- ‘In yesterday's incident, an Abrams tank, a Bradley fighting vehicle and about 10 US Humvees were called out to control the crowd of ex-soldiers who were demanding jobs and back pay.’
- ‘Also, as the US troops tell it, a Nissan slammed into a Bradley fighting vehicle, causing the troops to fire into the Nissan.’
- ‘Italian workers put a coat of paint on a Bradley Fighting Vehicle at the Leghorn Army Depot.’
- ‘McVeigh served as a gunner on a Bradley fighting vehicle during the 1991 Gulf War, receiving the Bronze Star and several other medals.’
Named for General Omar Bradley.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.