One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medium-sized tank equipped for use in combat.
- ‘We've taken a mech heavy battalion, a mechanized battalion, a Bradley battalion, and we've taken a light infantry battalion; we've reorganized them.’
- ‘In yesterday's incident, an Abrams tank, a Bradley fighting vehicle and about 10 US Humvees were called out to control the crowd of ex-soldiers who were demanding jobs and back pay.’
- ‘We were able to pick up a Bradley fighting vehicle platoon to provide security, and the 87th CSB-led convoy of over 500 wheeled vehicles moved to the new site later that evening.’
- ‘It's a combat multiplier but it's not like a Bradley fighting vehicle.’
- ‘More military activity, there's been some Bradleys or Humvees moving around in this area.’
- ‘Italian workers put a coat of paint on a Bradley Fighting Vehicle at the Leghorn Army Depot.’
- ‘These highly mobile and quick vehicles can get to places a Bradley cannot.’
- ‘As a result, I fell back on my ‘old school’ battle-command techniques of juggling maps in the turret of a Bradley.’
- ‘They can do it through either sheer mass, the bomb is so big it can roll a tank, it can roll a Bradley fighting vehicle.’
- ‘I heard an American soldier, a Bradley gunner, say: ‘I was basically looking for any clean walls, you know, without any holes in them.’
- ‘Then on Haifa Street, guerrillas took out a Bradley fighting vehicle with a car bomb, then sprayed it with machine gun fire and tossed grenades at it.’
- ‘And with the trend toward ever-larger sport-utility vehicles, I recommend that you forget the Humvee and go for a Bradley Fighting Vehicle instead.’
- ‘McVeigh served as a gunner on a Bradley fighting vehicle during the 1991 Gulf War, receiving the Bronze Star and several other medals.’
- ‘In the past, the toughest job in the Army was a Bradley Fighting Vehicle-equipped infantry platoon leader.’
- ‘Today, it is typing and transmitting from the turret of a Bradley, my head next to the breech of the 25 mm cannon.’
- ‘Also, as the US troops tell it, a Nissan slammed into a Bradley fighting vehicle, causing the troops to fire into the Nissan.’
- ‘An Army MEDEVAC helicopter was damaged during the fight when a Bradley collided with it.’
- ‘The basic concept was to modify a Bradley fighting vehicle and to build around the idea of bringing the division's information systems into the vehicle itself.’
- ‘Every crew member of a Bradley should be prepared to use the 25 mm gun as a sniping weapon or to give it to a sniper who will.’
- ‘On Thursday, a roadside bomb in northern Baghdad killed seven soldiers riding in a Bradley fighting vehicle, one of the most heavily armored in the U.S. military.’
Named for General Omar Bradley.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.