One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A butterhead lettuce of a variety that has medium or light green leaves.
- ‘On a visit to the produce section, I was shocked to find Boston lettuce at $3 a pound and heirloom tomatoes at $4.99 per pound.’
- ‘Use spinach, romaine, Boston lettuce, endive, kale, and baby field greens to boost the nutritional charge.’
- ‘Caribbean islands are typically known for their tropical fruits—not for vegetables like vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh European cucumbers and tender, delicious Boston lettuce.’
- ‘Remember, a serving is only a half-cup of mixed veggies such as zucchini or broccoli or 1 cup of the leafy stuff like red leaf or Boston lettuce.’
- ‘But that discounts the ingenious inclusion of Boston lettuce, which just compounds the green on green, with ... more green.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.