One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A peer-to-peer file transfer protocol for sharing large amounts of data over the Internet, in which each part of a file downloaded by a user is transferred to other users.
- ‘The greater concern is about music downloaded over Limewire or BitTorrent.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, the first edition of the build to hit BitTorrent was a 64-bit Chinese edition.’
- ‘You can probably grab the aforementioned episodes off bittorrent, or in their show notes.’
- ‘In addition, the great demon of bandwidth usage bittorrent actually makes the network more efficient.’
- ‘On the upside, my music collection has expanded a fair bit, thanks to a brilliant program called BitTorrent.’
Early 21st century: blend of bit and torrent.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.