Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cat of a long-haired breed, typically with a cream body, dark head, tail, and legs, and white paws.
- ‘My Birman, Karma, was quite offended at this intrusion, but he finally adapted.’
- ‘The ideal Birman is a large, strongly built, elongated and stocky cat, neither svelte nor cobby.’
- ‘There is a lot of confusion regarding the genetics of the four traditional Birman point colors.’
- ‘The Birman chin should be well developed, and the eyes not round but with a slightly flattened top.’
- ‘A good show Birman requires a round, broad head with full cheeks and a medium sized nose.’
- ‘The beautiful and affectionate Birman cat is most commonly available in the seal point and blue point colors.’
- ‘It is necessary for Birman to be groomed daily.’
- ‘I own a clean cattery in Adelaide, South Australia, and am a registered Birman breeder with the GCCFSA.’
- ‘Also known as the ‘Sacred Cat of Burma’, the Birman is truly a cat of mystery whose origins remain uncertain.’
- ‘In all probability the soulmates that joined forces to create the Birman were Siamese cats and longhair, bicolored Angoras.’
- ‘There are CFA clubs devoted to the promotion, protection and preservation of the Birman breed.’
- ‘The distinguishing colours of the Birman are those of the Siamese.’
- ‘Felicity, a nine year-old Bluepoint Birman, is owned by Sharon.’
- ‘Just scroll down the list of Birman catteries below and click on the ‘details’ link to view more information, kitten pictures, and complete contact information.’
Variant of Burman.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.