One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of cultivated onion with a mild flavor and a flattened shape.
- ‘The Bermuda onion, which was once so common that the people of Bermuda were called ‘onions’ is used in many Bermudan recipes, including onion pie and Bermuda onion soup.’
- ‘Bob Marlins also serves a peanut butter and Bermuda onion sandwich.’
- ‘Most of this Bermuda onion seed came from the Canary Islands.’
- ‘Heirloom tomatoes, Bermuda onions, avocado and basil tossed in a vinaigrette with toasted crostini 9.’
- ‘Breast tenders along with fresh red and green peppers, Bermuda onions, and cilantro in a tequila lime cream sauce.’
- ‘Crispy greens, Bermuda onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and our corn and black bean relish.’
- ‘Tomato, cucumber, avocado, Bermuda onions, sprouts, lettuce, cream cheese and Swiss cheese on your choice of bread.’
- ‘Smoked turkey in a sun-dried tomato wrap with lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, Bermuda onions and Cape Cod cranberry chutney.’
- ‘There's a half a Bermuda onion in the crisper, if you don't mind.’
- ‘Topped with Jack cheese, fresh guacamole, leaf lettuce, mayonnaise, ripe tomato, and Bermuda onion.’
- ‘Slices of beef steak tomato on green leaf lettuce accompanied by sliced Bermuda onion and crumbled bleu cheese.’
- ‘Fresh shrimp, scallops, octopus and calamari marinated in our citrus dressing with Bermuda onions, cilantro and olive oil.’
- ‘Chopped mushrooms, sliced egg, tomato wedges and sweet Bermuda onion on a bed of fresh spinach.’
- ‘Seasoned & grilled salmon perched atop a bed of fresh greens with tomatoes, Bermuda onions, black olives & asiago cheese.’
- ‘In her holds, the ship carried the first major consignment of Bermuda onions ever to be exported for sale.’
- ‘Slices of fresh cucumber, Roma tomatoes and Bermuda onion in a seasoned sweet rice wine vinegar.’
- ‘Medallions of chicken sautéed in butter with mushrooms, prosciutto and Bermuda onions finished in a marsala wine sauce.’
- ‘Chopped bacon, pecans, Bermuda onions, sliced mushrooms, crumbled feta cheese and currants tossed in rice wine vinaigrette and marinated chicken breast.’
- ‘Lettuce, tomato, sliced Bermuda onion, mayonnaise and your choice of Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss, or Pepper Jack’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.