Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lymphocyte not processed by the thymus gland, and responsible for producing antibodies.
- ‘Three important kinds of lymphocytes are T-cells, B-cells, and Natural Killer Cells.’
- ‘‘Rituxan works on a component of the immune system called B-cells,’ Dr. Hawker said.’
- ‘Green tea improves the overall functioning of the immune system, as it is thought to stimulate immune cells, specifically B-cells, which fight infection by building lymphatic tissue and producing antibodies.’
- ‘There are two types of immune system - a B-cell and a T-cell.’
- ‘This finding is also consistent with the known high levels of expression of TLR4 on macrophages, dendritic cells, and B-cells.’
B for bursa, referring to the organ in birds where it was first identified.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.