One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semipermanent area of high pressure located over the Azores in winter and early spring.Compare with Bermuda High
- ‘Between 16 June and 24 July, the Azores High extended 5 times into the Gulf of Biscay and over France.’
- ‘The Hawaiian and Azores High intensify and expand northward into their relative ocean basins.’
- ‘Well, this year Azores High doesn't seem to be extending as far up north as is needed to give us better weather.’
- ‘Around mid-May the Azores High gradually becomes more dominant and the Euro-Asian High loses its influence, resulting in very stable weather.’
- ‘A stronger Azores High will cause stronger trade wind flow and more upwelling off of the Northwest African coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.