Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing.
- ‘According to Ayurveda, internal balance is the key to perfect health.’
- ‘Hence, the present study was designed to compare the effects of Yoga and Ayurveda on the self rated sleep in a geriatric population.’
- ‘Traditional systems such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani are time tested and trusted by millions.’
- ‘Ayurveda emphasizes proper diet for this time to ensure the health of both baby and mom.’
- ‘Models displaying the importance of Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Acupuncture are impressive.’
- ‘The efficacy of traditional systems such as Ayurveda, Siddha and Yoga is well-known.’
- ‘He has studied in England and India where he trained under a traditional master of Ayurveda and Yoga.’
- ‘It is necessary at this point to briefly diverge to elucidate some basic terms and concepts of Yoga and Ayurveda.’
- ‘Developing a centre for growing medicinal plants and promoting the practice of Ayurveda and yoga is also in consideration.’
- ‘In Ayurveda, diet and digestion are accorded equal importance in maintaining good health.’
- ‘Traditional systems of medicine like Ayurveda are staging a comeback and getting kudos for their holistic approach to ailments.’
- ‘According to Maharishi Ayurveda, you should not use more than 50 percent of your total capacity.’
- ‘It uses innovations in modern medicine as well as traditional Indian healing methods such as Ayurveda, naturopathy and Yoga.’
- ‘According to Ayurveda, legumes are an essential part of a balanced diet.’
- ‘The idea was to evolve a comprehensive programme with some aspects each from Yoga and Ayurveda, for a geriatric population.’
- ‘Trillium's therapeutic products are based on the Indian system of Ayurveda.’
- ‘The holistic system of Ayurveda advocates a well-balanced approach to stress management and skin health.’
- ‘If the Government can capitalise on the passion for Yoga and Ayurveda, tourism in the State is sure to grow by leaps and bounds.’
- ‘This half hour programme will also feature celebrities and experts from the field of naturopathy, yoga and Ayurveda.’
- ‘Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.’
From Sanskrit āyus ‘life’ + veda ‘(sacred) knowledge’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.