One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of vertebrates which comprises the birds.
- ‘Hence, the possession of feathers is unique to birds and defines all members of the class Aves.’
- ‘The new edition also includes, significantly, a chapter on birds of the Mesozoic, thereby officially recognizing that Aves belongs to the larger grouping, Dinosauria.’
- ‘Let's investigate the origin and evolution of flight in our representative taxa: the Pterosauria, Aves, and Chiroptera (bats).’
- ‘However, the discovery that some dromaeosaurs could fly identifies them as birds and now places them within the class Aves.’
- ‘Now that is fine, but if you want a pretty strong line of evidence to show that birds came from theropods, then add a lot of theropods to the class Aves.’
Latin, plural of avis ‘bird’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.