Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The electronic clearing and settlement system used for financial transactions by US commercial banks and other institutions.→ ACH
- ‘All processors transmit using the central Automated Clearinghouse, so you know your funds are secure.’
- ‘To change account information, simply complete an Automated Clearinghouse Application.’
- ‘These transactions are final within 24 hours and are covered only by the underlying rules and regulations of the National Automated Clearinghouse Association.’
- ‘The key to successful E-Sharing is the Automated Clearinghouse form, banking information.’
- ‘Customs Automated Clearinghouse is an electronic payment option that allows participants to pay Customs fees, duties, and taxes electronically.’
Automated Clearinghouse/ˌôdəˌmādid ˈkliriNGˌhous/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.