One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A black Orpington chicken of an Australian breed.
- ‘Black Australorps have a glossy black plumage which has a greenish-purple sheen.’
- ‘We now have 15 Black Australorps, and I am a firm believer in chickens for everyone.’
- ‘Black Australorps were developed in Australia and introduced into American flocks in the 1920's.’
- ‘All Australorps are black with an intense beetle-green sheen.’
- ‘The black strain of Orpington developed further in the southern hemisphere to become the Australorp.’
- ‘The Australorps were very pretty, with the green sheen on the black feathers.’
Early 20th century: blend of Australian and Orpington.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.