One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for crawl (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘When looking at Kellerman swimming the Australian crawl in 1912, one wonders if history is repeating itself.’
- ‘And probably the most significant development in the history of swimming world-wide, was the invention of the stroke known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘This stroke became known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘By using the ‘new Australian crawl,’ the Australians are swimming with technically more efficient strokes.’
- ‘I really appreciated the article in Swimming World regarding the ‘new Australian crawl.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.